Shen Yun is a USA-based Chinese dance group touring the world and showing people not only Chinese dancing, but also other cultural aspects. Even though most of the dances concentrate on traditional clothing, history, legends, regions of China etc., some modern politics crept in as well. Apart from dancing and some traditional effects (smoke...), they also used animated background that added another dimension to the performance (well, not in the physical sense of course), and the interactions between the performers and the technology were perfectly coordinated. I believe that this was the first time they came to Prague, I think that one of the remaining troupes tours Soth Korea at the moment? And there are shows also in the US and other parts of Europe. Supposedly, the performance changes every year, so even if you have seen the show once, you can go again next year without being bored (though the performance was so pretty, I think I could watch it for the rest of my life without ever getting tired of it).
Here, the tickets were kinda on the more expensive side, ranging ca. between 1400 CZK (70 USD) and 1800 CZK (90 USD). Therefore, the show wasn't exactly sold out.
You can check their youtube channel here and even though it's not exactly the cheapest show, I recommend you to go see it at leats once, because it was flawless.
Jarmark Ona Dnes
1) I sold much fewer things than I thought I would. Booo.
2) It was cold and damp - if I knew there wasn't gonna be any heating and the door would stay open for the whole time, I would have chosen warmer outfit.
3) I brought back home a splendid case of cold.
4) I hate this stage when the only way I can wear my hair is in my shabby updo.
5) I hate that this stage will last for at least another year.
Yours truly sick