(A cute card I got from my ex-boyfriend)
I do not make New Year resolutions.
Well, I’d love to say it’s because I’m unconcerned by such silly things, but it’s rather because as for most college sufferers, my year is still academic - it starts in October and ends in September. Therefore, the New Year is just before my mid-terms. That being said, I always make tons of New Semester resolutions. I bet you can imagine.
1) “I’ll study a teeny tiny little bit everyday, so that I don’t have to cram like crazy right before exams” (Number of exam periods I’ve spent cramming so far: 5).
2) “I’ll take up a new language/start playing piano again/improve the level of languages I know” (I still can read only 50 kanji and my German and Latin are slowly but surely deteriorating, and if I weren’t scared as hell by a probably upcoming French interview, my French would do the very same).
3) “I’ll help with housework more (very hard because of issues with 1)).
4) “I’ll find a part-time job” (school + lab + spacing out = full time job -> no time for part-time ones).
5) “I’ll stop considering graduating with honors to be the only option ensuring a salary above the minimum wage and my family not falling into poverty” (Would only be solved by a lobotomy or very efficient brainwashing).
How about you? Do you make New Year resolutions? Or have you given up already?
For people in college: Anyone freaking out because of exams?